ACP is now accepting applications from active duty military spouses and has a limited number of openings.
Completing an application takes just a few minutes. Once you apply, an ACP staff member will reach out to you to schedule a quick phone call to learn more about your career goals, preferences and background.
If you have any questions about our application, please email ACP staff at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (212) 752-0700.
If you are not an active duty spouse, feel free to join us on ACP AdvisorNet, our free online career advice site.
Join our free, personalized career mentorship program and experience a yearlong mentorship to assist you with your career goals.
ACP will hand pick a Mentor for you based on your career interests and professional history. You and your Mentor will create a tailored action plan for the mentorship and speak monthly to make progress on your goals, and ACP staff will help guide you through the mentorship experience to ensure success.
Whether you are actively searching for a new career or newly employed and looking for advice about how to be successful in your new role and advance, ACP's customized program is designed to assist you on your path toward rewarding, meaningful employment.
- Typical mentorship topics include:
- Résumé review and interview preparation
- Career exploration
- Work-life balance
- Small business development
- Leadership and professional communication
In November 2018, ACP opened its one-on-one mentoring program to spouses of active duty service members of all branches. Applications will be accepted on a first-come, first-served basis.
ACP welcomes applications from service members, veterans, and spouses who meet the following eligibility criteria:
- Active duty service members (including members of the Reserve and National Guard).
- Veterans of the armed forces that have served at least 180 days on active duty orders since September 11, 2001.
- Surviving spouses and spouses of severely wounded post-9/11 veterans.
- Service members who served less than 180 days of active duty since 9/11, but who were injured while serving or training.
For exceptions to this policy, please email ACP staff at email@example.com with an explanation of your circumstances.
If you are a spouse whose service member served prior to 9/11, or has already separated from the military, please join us on acp-advisornet.org to get free career guidance from thousands of volunteer career Advisors.