- More than 7,400 veterans have become ACP Alumni since 2010*
- In 2015, 1,829 veteran Protégés became ACP Alumni after completing successful mentorships*
- In 2015, 1,079 veteran Protégés obtained jobs during their mentorships
*An ACP Alumnus is a veteran Protégé who has expressed that his or her mentorship has proven valuable in a variety of professional-development areas.
ACP surveys each Protégé paired in a mentorship for six months or more to measure their satisfaction with the program. As of May 2016, ACP has received 6,433 responses to the survey:
Question 1: Would you recommend the program to a fellow veteran?
- Yes: 6,256 (97%)
- No: 30 (<1%)
- Unsure: 147 (2%)
Question 2: Was the ACP Mentoring Program valuable to you in one or more of the following areas?:
- Learn about career opportunities: 4,517 (70%)
- Build a network of professionals: 4,205 (65%)
- Improve my résumé and interview skills: 4,189 (65%)
- Translate my military experience into civilian terms: 3,893 (60%)
- Refinement of civilian career goals and professional ambitions: 3,653 (57%)
- Better deal with work/life balance issues: 2,473 (38%)
- Obtain a job: 2,286 (36%)
- Determine if I should go back to school: 2,058 (32%)
- Learn how to advance at my current job: 1,712 (27%)
- Learn how to deal with a difficult boss or colleague/improve interpersonal relationships: 1,556 (24%)
- Learn how to start my own business/build my own business: 745 (12%)
- Other: 508 (8%)
- No, the program was not valuable: 88 (1%)
Note: Participants may select multiple categories, so percentages do not add up to 100%.
ACP surveys each Mentor paired in a mentorship for six months or more to measure their satisfaction with the program. In 2016, ACP has received responses from 613 Mentors:
Question 1: Are you glad that your company is participating in ACP?
- Yes: 613 (100%)
- No: 0 (0%)
- Unsure: 0 (0%)
Question 2: Would you recommend ACP to a friend or colleague?
- Yes: 608 (99%)
- No: 0 (0%)
- Unsure: 5 (1%)
Question 3: Would you consider being a Mentor again in the ACP program?
- Yes: 592 (>96%)
- No: 2 (<1%)
- Unsure: 19 (3%)
- 65% Enlisted Servicemembers
- 35% Officers
- 84% Male
- 16% Female
- 27% are 40 years old and older
- Average Age: 35 years
- 20% are interested in small business/entrepreneurship
- 37% do not identify themselves as white