- More than 7,500 veterans have become ACP Alumni since 2010*
- In 2015, 1,829 veteran Protégés became ACP Alumni after completing successful mentorships*
- In 2015, 1,079 veteran Protégés obtained jobs during their mentorships
*An ACP Alumnus is a veteran Protégé who has expressed that his or her mentorship has proven valuable in a variety of professional-development areas.
ACP surveys each Protégé paired in a mentorship for six months or more to measure their satisfaction with the program. As of June 2016, ACP has received 6,572 responses to the survey:
Question 1: Would you recommend the program to a fellow veteran?
- Yes: 6,393 (97%)
- No: 30 (<1%)
- Unsure: 149 (2%)
Question 2: Was the ACP Mentoring Program valuable to you in one or more of the following areas?:
- Learn about career opportunities: 4,642 (70%)
- Build a network of professionals: 4,310 (66%)
- Improve my résumé and interview skills: 4,292 (65%)
- Translate my military experience into civilian terms: 3,986 (61%)
- Refinement of civilian career goals and professional ambitions: 3,755 (57%)
- Better deal with work/life balance issues: 2,538 (39%)
- Obtain a job: 2,362 (36%)
- Determine if I should go back to school: 2,109 (32%)
- Learn how to advance at my current job: 1,751 (27%)
- Learn how to deal with a difficult boss or colleague/improve interpersonal relationships: 1,584 (24%)
- Learn how to start my own business/build my own business: 764 (12%)
- Other: 521 (8%)
- No, the program was not valuable: 88 (1%)
Note: Participants may select multiple categories, so percentages do not add up to 100%.
ACP surveys each Mentor paired in a mentorship for six months or more to measure their satisfaction with the program. In 2016, ACP has received responses from 740 Mentors:
Question 1: Are you glad that your company is participating in ACP?
- Yes: 740 (100%)
- No: 0 (0%)
- Unsure: 0 (0%)
Question 2: Would you recommend ACP to a friend or colleague?
- Yes: 735 (>99%)
- No: 0 (0%)
- Unsure: 5 (<1%)
Question 3: Would you consider being a Mentor again in the ACP program?
- Yes: 720 (>97%)
- No: 3 (<1%)
- Unsure: 17 (>2%)
- 65% Enlisted Servicemembers
- 35% Officers
- 84% Male
- 16% Female
- 27% are 40 years old and older
- Average Age: 35 years
- 20% are interested in small business/entrepreneurship
- 37% do not identify themselves as white