- More than 6,808 veterans have become ACP Alumni since 2010*
- In 2015, 1,829 veteran Protégés became ACP Alumni after completing successful mentorships*
- In 2015, 1,079 veteran Protégés obtained jobs during their mentorships
*An ACP Alumnus is a veteran Protégé who has expressed that his or her mentorship has proven valuable in a variety of professional-development areas.
ACP surveys each Protégé paired in a mentorship for six months or more to measure their satisfaction with the program. As of February 2016, ACP has received 5,692 responses to the survey:
Question 1: Would you recommend the program to a fellow veteran?
- Yes: 5,527 (97%)
- No: 28 (<1%)
- Unsure: 137 (<3%)
Question 2: Was the ACP Mentoring Program valuable to you in one or more of the following areas?:
- Learn about career opportunities: 3,968 (70%)
- Build a network of professionals: 3,677 (65%)
- Improve my résumé and interview skills: 3,660 (64%)
- Translate my military experience into civilian terms: 3,395 (60%)
- Refinement of civilian career goals and professional ambitions: 3,093 (54%)
- Better deal with work/life balance issues: 2,147 (38%)
- Obtain a job: 1,965 (35%)
- Determine if I should go back to school: 1,784 (31%)
- Learn how to advance at my current job: 1,509 (27%)
- Learn how to deal with a difficult boss or colleague/improve interpersonal relationships: 1,338 (24%)
- Learn how to start my own business/build my own business: 671 (12%)
- Other: 430 (8%)
- No, the program was not valuable: 83 (1%)
Note: Participants may select more than one checkbox, so percentages do not add up to 100%.
ACP surveys each Mentor paired in a mentorship for six months or more to measure their satisfaction with the program. In 2015, ACP received responses from 2,240 Mentors:
Question 1: Are you glad that your company is participating in ACP?
- Yes: 2,235 (>99%)
- No: 1 (<1%)
- Unsure: 4 (<1%)
Question 2: Would you recommend ACP to a friend or colleague?
- Yes: 2,228 (>99%)
- No: 1 (<1%)
- Unsure: 11 (<1%)
Question 3: Would you consider being a Mentor again in the ACP program?
- Yes: 2,179 (97%)
- No: 19 (1%)
- Unsure: 42 (2%)
- 65% Enlisted Servicemembers
- 35% Officers
- 84% Male
- 16% Female
- 27% are 40 years old and older
- Average Age: 35 years
- 20% are interested in small business/entrepreneurship
- 37% do not identify themselves as white