Google+ is a great tool to use in your mentorship as it will allow you and your Mentor/Protégé to videochat, view documents together, and network. Be sure to add ACP to your Google+ circles once you have an account!
Start by creating an account at plus.google.com or logging in with an existing Gmail account. Google+ provides help and instruction along the way explaining features and options.
To "hangout" with your Mentor/Protégé:
- On the right-hand side of the Google+ home screen, click "start a hangout".
- Once the pop-up window appears, download and install the Google+ plug-in when prompted.
- After the installation completes, refresh your browser.
- From the Google+ home screen, click "start a hangout" again to confirm that the installation worked. (You should see a pop-up window that says "start a hangout" and your camera should turn on.)
- (Optional) Create a circle just for your mentorship! To do this, click on the "Circles" icon on the left-hand side of the Google+ home screen and then creat a new circle called "ACP" and add your Mentor/Protégé into it.
- ABOUT ACP
- Menu & Media